By: Amanda Narcisi
Restaurant openings in Pittsburgh need a certain drive and passion behind it and the group behind Duncan St wanted to work in the food business and so they did.
Four years ago Kendyl Ryan and Dan Rodriguez started Duncan St Dinners, serving fine dining food out of there home in Lawrenceville at the time. They since relocated to North Side and soon to open a sandwich shop in Millvale. The Sandwich shop will bring the fine dining dinners onto a sandwich. They also hope to host dinners in the future. The sandwich shop also will have a patio and eccentric menu.
The night's menu was as followed:
- Cornbread Panzanella, surimi, strawberry, avocado, cucumber, charred greens, herb vinaigrette
- Black tea-boiled egg, tempura salmon, green apple, beurre blanc, tarragon
- Wild rice, corn pudding, carraway-crusted pork belly, fresh oregano
- Chicken thigh, salt potato and grilled romaine kebabs, chimichurri, grilled red pepper bread, grilled summer squash with goat cheese and pine nuts, snow pea salad with radish, basil, mint, peanut, red onion, charred lemon vinaigrette
- Kefir lime ice cream, dehydrated watermelon, candied salt pistachio
All of the dishes were outstanding with perfect presentation. Each course was served with a wine pairing.