By: Amanda Narcisi
Libations have become one of the biggest and fastest-growing parts of the economy that has reshaped Pittsburgh into what it is today. The libations industry is growing so fast you hear of a new company opening almost weekly. Libations are not just craft beer, but also distilleries, cider and mead makers.
To celebrate this greatness, Jason Cercone of Breaking Brews, started Pittsburgh Libations Week.
“Pittsburgh Libations Week is long overdue and our city is running rampant with brewers, distillers, wine, cider, and mead makers who all deserve recognition for everything they’re doing to create an incredible culture in our city,” Jason Cercone, Founder of Breaking Brews and creator of PLW, stated. “We want everyone involved with bringing quality beverages to Pittsburgh to be part of making PLW spectacular and we want bars, restaurants, and organizations of all shapes and sizes to be part of the festivities as well. In addition, we want consumers of all beverages, no matter what their preferences are, to fully experience the advantages our city offers when it comes to the adult beverages they love.”
Pittsburgh Libations Week will be a year-round brand that will host a series of events over the next 16 months leading up to a showcase in the Fall of 2018.
It all kicks off Tuesday, July 11th at Industry Public House at 4305 Butler Street in Lawrenceville. Tickets are $35 and can be purchased at www.universe.com/libationsweekbash. The ticket will include:
• One complimentary pint of beer
• Mead samples courtesy of KingView Mead
• Whiskey samples courtesy of Wigle Whiskey
• All-You-Can-Eat from the appetizer buffet courtesy of Industry
• One automatic entry into the grand prize of the Chinese Auction
• Access to a pop-up art station courtesy of PopCraft Maker Workshops featuring
hands-on, interactive Pittsburgh and libations-themed art concepts
• Brewed 2 Burn Candles will be on-hand with their all-new line of handcrafted,
• An evening of great libations and a sneak preview of what Pittsburgh Libations
Week is all about
There will also be a 50/50 and a Chinese Auction.
Stay tuned to Pittsburgh Libations Week on Facebook (Pittsburgh Libations Week) and Twitter (@pghlibationweek) for all upcoming events.