We weren't kidding when we were talking about pumpkin-spiced everything. We previously shared a recipe for killer pumpkin muffins. Now, we're going to share a pumpkin pancake recipe for those of us who are fans of breakfasty things!
Pumpkin Pancakes - Recipe
2 c flour
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can pumpkin (small)
4 tbsp butter (melted)
1 c water (or apple juice)*
1. Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, and butter.
3. Add dry mix to pumpkin mix and stir.
4. Add water - a little bit at a time, to get the batter to a "pancake" consistency. You do not want to pour the entire cup into the batter as it may make it too runny. (If you do that - add a little more flour to thicken the batter back up.)
5. Once batter is ready, spoon onto a warm griddle. Cook until the batter-side-up starts bubbling and the griddle-side is browned, then flip to cook the other side. (You can lift the edge of the pancake to peek if it's browned before flipping it.)
You can serve these bad boys with some whipped cream, maple syrup, or some apple cider syrup. (Apple cider syrup, you ask? Keep an eye out - I'll be sure to share that recipe soon!)