By: Amanda Narcisi
It is July and it is HOTTT here in Pittsburgh and we are in the midst of a yoga takeover for the city. There is this thing in yogi culture of trying new and interesting places to have yoga. In years past we did yoga in the square, yoga at knit the bridge, and yoga at the ball park. If you have wanted to have a fun yoga experience we compiled this list for the hottest yoga in the city.
- Yoga in the Square: Every Sunday at 10:00AM in Market Square. Bring your own mat and water; don’t forget the sunscreen.
- Yoga at the Ballpark: Sunday, September 11 @ 1:35 p.m. Namaste in the outfield and then stay for the game. See Pirates website for more information.
- One Whirl Yoga Fest: Saturday July 25th 6AM-4PM at Point State Park. Yoga from sunrise to sunset. Tickets and info at: whirlmagazine.com/yogafest.
- Yoga on the Turf: July 20th Wednesday at 6 PM - 8 PM; Highmark Stadium. Happy hour in the pub afterward. This event is free.
- Beer + Yoga: The Brew Gentleman Beer Co. Various Dates and times: Cobra pose with a beer after. Ticket information here.
So if you are just starting or an avid yogi there are a few interesting places to practice here throughout the summer.